MANAGER, MARKET TRANSFORMATION (EUROPE)
Client: The Round Table for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO): https://rspo.org/about
Location: The preferred location of this role is Netherlands or the UK but the client is open to other locations - e.g. Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Poland.
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has over 5,200 members from 102 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phase of our development.
The Manager Market Transformation (Europe) plays a crucial role in successfully positioning the RSPO in the region by contributing to the Market Transformation in Europe, with primary focus on enabling more market demand for CSP(K)O and overall membership growth. By being the main point of contact for potential members (prospects) in the region the Manager Market Transformation (Europe) is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the RSPO reputation primarily within the private sector of FMCG in key European countries such as UK, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Spain, and Poland.
This position requires constant coordination with the RSPO Secretariat to maintain high quality service delivery. In alignment with and under the supervision of the Sr. Manager Europe the Manager Market Transformation Europe will also elaborate on and implement activities that should ensure a continued development of prospects pipeline with the support of the Assistant Manager.
The Manager Market Transformation (Europe) will report to the Sr. Manager Market Transformation (Europe). This position will require an estimated amount of 10% - 20% of travel time primarily within Europe to represent RSPO at sector related, commercial and other stakeholder related events.
The location of this role is Netherlands.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
· Elaborate on and implement the strategy to identify new possible members in the region with the support of the Assistant Manager and in alignment with the Sr Manager Europe.
· Support and guide the Assistant Manager in her/his engagement activities with possible new members and establish relationships with them, to help guide them on their path to membership.
· To develop, nurture and maintain strong relationships with the existing European RSPO member base, in close cooperation with and under the guidance of the Sr. Manager Europe.
· Maintain a knowledge of regional economic and business trends to facilitate conversations with stakeholders.
· Support the Sr. Manager Europe in identifying key risk areas to the organisation in the region and to handle these issues in coordination with the Sr. Manager Europe both proactively - and reactively where necessary.
· Identify and participate in platforms that are strategic to the RSPO mandate, with relevant stakeholders from members, corporations etc. This also involves representing the RSPO trade shows, conferences, company meetings etc., in consultation with the Sr. Manager Europe.
· Manage external service providers who provide market and business development services.
· Support the annual European Roundtable/Sustainable Palm Oil Dialogue or similar events in close collaboration with the relevant partner(s), stakeholders, and the global Secretariat team.
· Effectively liaise with internal stakeholders of the RSPO such as the membership-certification, trademark, and other teams to ensure a timely and positive handling of members' inquiries.
· Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
· A Bachelor's Degree or higher in the field of sustainable business development or another for the RSPO relevant field.
· Minimum 5 years working experience
· Solid experience managing corporate relationships in an international environment.
· Demonstrated track record engaging with corporate and non-profit organisations
TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
· Strong understanding of sustainability and how to make this business-relevant
· Excellent proven interpersonal skills including verbal and written skills
· Excellent demonstrated project management skills and good understanding of excel
· Strong experience representing organisations in international fora.
· Ability to motivate others and proven team player
· Demonstrated high degree of intercultural sensitivity and the ability to adjust communication style accordingly
· Fluency in English is required and proficiency in additional major European language(s) is an advantage
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
The Round Table for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSP) has hired Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with sourcing applicants for this position. Candidates are welcome to contact GRS with inquiries or to apply directly with a cover letter and CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.