Area Director of Business Development CLIENT: EngenderHealth - http:www.engenderhealth.orgREPORTS TO: Vice President of External RelationsLOCATION: Washington, D.C.
EngenderHealth works to improve the health and well-being of people in the poorest communities of the world. We do this by sharing our expertise in sexual and reproductive health and transforming the quality of health care. We promote gender equity, advocate for sound practices and policies, and inspire people to assert their rights to better, healthier lives. Working in partnership with local organizations, we adapt our work in response to local needs.
The Area Director of Business Development serves as EngenderHealth's primary representative in the D.C. market and works closely with the Director of Business Development based in NYC. The position will represent EngenderHealth at high-level functions, gather intelligence for new business opportunities, develop strategies for EngenderHealth's visibility in D.C., and lead the development of new business development proposals and other opportunities. Through proactive, high-level and consistent engagement with donors, partners, and peers, the Area Director is expected to advance the strategic objectives of the organization and elevate its profile within the Washington-based community. The position will work remotely with business development and other EngenderHealth staff based in headquarters (New York) and globally. This position requires significant prior business development experience and extensive relationships across USAID and other USG agencies.
1. Through proactive, high-level and consistent engagement with donors, partners, and peers, the Area Director of Business Development is expected to advance the strategic objectives of the organization and elevate its profile within the Washington-based community.
2. Gather, track, synthesize, and disseminate intelligence and other information regarding new business opportunities in the public sector (e.g., USAID) for EngenderHealth.
3. Develop strategy and serve as liaison for the organization, helping to position and raise the profile of EngenderHealth in D.C.
4. Manage assigned positioning or capture processes to scope out/prepare for anticipated future donor procurements. This includes environmental scanning, intelligence gathering and conducting competitive analyses.
5. Where assigned, lead the development of up to 5 new Business Development proposals per year, with support from the NYC based staff.
6. Cultivate external communication networks among donors, partners, potential partners, and competitors, to assist the gathering of information and identification of trends and resources in order to inform organizational strategy and help position for new business opportunities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Master's degree or other advanced degree, or equivalent demonstrated work experience, in public health, international development, or related discipline. A minimum of ten years of relevant work experience including substantial business development experience and work with US Government agencies. Experience living and/or working frequently in developing countries is highly desirable.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES Committed and passionate about EngenderHealth's mission and values.Exceptional communications skills Demonstrated technical ability to conceptualize, develop strategy, and plan programs and projects in SRH. In depth knowledge and understanding of various types of global health donors Strong ability to work effectively with a remote team. Strong results orientation. Strong self-management, judgment and decision making abilities.Excellent ability to provide, receive and use guidance and feedback on individual tasks and overall performance. Ability to travel internationally and domestically Proficient in office software (e.g., MS Office) Fluency in French, or other additional language ability is highly desirable.TO APPLYApplicants should send their resume/CV and cover letter detailing how you believe your skills and experiences meet the needs of the position and EngenderHealth. There is no fixed closing date this position. Please send your application at the earliest possible date to:
Jill Solomon, Senior Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.