Administrative Manager (Operations Manager)
Location: Washington D.C. Pathfinder International: https://www.pathfinder.org
Summary: Manages and coordinates administrative services functions to ensure efficient operations. Manages all administrative functions for Pathfinder International’s country office, including, but not limited to, facilities management and security, services and supplies procurement and vendor management, travel, domestic business and charitable registration, all-staff meetings, and document management. Develops, reviews, distributes and maintains all administrative office procedures, including, but not limited to, travel, records retention, mail handling, fax receipt and distribution, facilities management, parking and office assignments.
Key Job Outcomes:
1. Budget Management: Develops and monitors the budget for all facilities-related supplies and vendors.
2. Mailroom: Oversees all mail room activities; ensuring timely handling of incoming and outbound mail. Opens and distributes mail; forwards correspondence to appropriate personnel for action.
3. Facilities Management: Serves as liaison between landlord and employees on facilities issues; communicates with the landlord on all facilities-related issues and ensures timely response. Manages facilities-related vendors, evaluate contracts, pricing and vendor performance annually. Plans and coordinates office moves. Provides project management on larger office projects, including renovations. Develops and maintains emergency plans, including evacuation.
4. Procurement: Identifies, evaluates and selects supply vendors. Negotiates and purchases supplies and furniture. Ensures delivery and storage of items. Prepares invoices, including purchase requisitions and shipping requests.
5. Travel Management: Identifies, evaluates and selects travel vendors. Reviews vendor performance regularly and engages in collaborative RFP process. Reviews travel policy and process regularly. Recommends changes to promote efficiency and cost savings. Ensures compliance processing of travel requests. Provides guidance to employees on travel-related issues.
6. Domestic Registration: Manages relationship with local registration vendors and state registration authorities. Ensures timely state business and charitable registration.
7. Record Keeping: Administers records and retention policy, manages vendors and maintains corporate records. Completes various forms, including purchase requisitions, shipping requests, requests for absence, travel expense reports, requests for payment, consultancy agreements and work orders.
8. Management and Supervision: Recruits, hires, trains, develops and supervises administrative staff.
9. Orientation and Onboarding: Provides employee orientation sessions on facilities usage, business equipment operation and usage, administrative policies and travel.
10. Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
· Logistics and Procurement Principles and Practices: Advanced knowledge of logistics and procurements principles, practices and procedures.
· Contract Negotiations: Advanced skills in negotiating vendor contracts
· Mailroom Operations: Advanced knowledge of mailroom operations and best practices.
· Facilities Management: Advanced knowledge of facilities management principles, practices and regulations.
· Management and Supervision: Ability to direct and supervise the work of others.
· Budget Management: Proven ability to manage a budget within Pathfinder’s guidelines.
· Record Keeping: Ability to apply records retention policy and guidelines.
· Presentation Skills: Ability to present information effectively to small groups.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
· Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language
· Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills, Ability to prepare and write reports.
· Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
· Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
· Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
· Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
· Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
· Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, or a related field, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies.
· 7 years’ administrative experience.
· 3 years office management experience including supervising the work of others. · Work experience with USAID procurement rules and regulations.
· Prefer: Work experience in negotiating vendor contracts.
· Travel required (10% or less)
· Uses cellular and deskphone; laptop or desktop computer
To Apply: Pathfinder International has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
501 Westport Avenue, Suite 285, Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
Your cover letter should at least address the following topics:
- Why you are interested in the position.
- How you believe your skills and experiences will meet the needs of the needs of the position.
- How you learned of this position.
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Pathfinder International does not charge candidates Recruitment or Application fees for any position, to which they may apply globally.