International Development Program Coordinator
Client: BIG BAD BOO Studios New York - www.bigbadboo.com
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full-Time position
BIG BAD BOO is a children’s media company that develops educational entertainment. The company’s International Development division, that partners with UNICEF and Western governments on literacy and civic values programs (using cartoons, comic books and curricula), is seeking a dynamic international development Program Coordinator (PC). This individual will serve as a supporting member of the New York International Development Project Management Team. The PC manages client contracts, supports project field operations, and coordinates home office project backstopping. The PC supports overall operational, contractual and financial management of the project, and coordination and management of field office operational staff. The PC occasionally contributes to business development efforts and participates in divisional and corporate initiatives. The PC will report to the global director of programs.
The PC is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the program by coordinating administrative, logistical, and technical support. The PC will also support the program team in technical planning, workplan development, information sharing and collection, and the preparation of reports, presentations, and other program materials. S/he supports the tracking partner/sub-grantee/consultant deliverables; assists technical staff to implement and monitor activities; and provides other needed operational support to ensure that quality and timely assistance is provided to advance the programs goals and objectives.
- Provide project coordination support to BBB’s projects.
- Provide day to day home office program management support and ensure effective and efficient coordination between the home and field offices.
- Process travel advances, expense reports and invoices.
- Assist program financial specialist with budget development and tracking.
- Draft consulting agreements and mobilize staff and consultants for long and short-term assignments, including handling travel logistics. Serve as primary contact for consultants on administrative issues.
- Liaise with contracting agencies, UNICEF, and other donor clients on administrative issues.
- Assist with project deliverables to include researching, editing and formatting documents and training materials, and developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist with new business development.
- Assist with communications outreach, website updates and success stories.
- Assist with the administrative management for DC office operations including home office procurement, and management.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Community Development, or another relevant social sciences discipline;
- At least 2 years of international development field
- Program coordination/support experience;
- Donor relations and networking;
- Familiarity with key development and humanitarian aid donors;
- Facilitation and dialogue skills;
- Research and analytical skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Representation, liaison and training skills;
- Clear understanding of the requirements and standard of major BBB donors and partners;
- Knowledge of emergency response programming;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities;
- Strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants;
- Strong office and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and work within deadlines while maintaining attention to detail;
- A healthy sense of humor;
- Master’s Degree in International Development, Community Development, or another relevant social sciences discipline;
- Previous work experience, preferably in an NGO setting;
- International early education experience
- Familiarity with the social and political environment of Latin America and the Middle East;
- Familiarity with international development operations in countries such as: Pakistan, Jordan. Tunisia, Morocco, Lebanon and Iraq.
- Familiarity with international development program support for promoting diversity, inclusion, non-violence, equality and civic education.
- Experience working in a complex, fast-paced work environment;
- Experience in conflict sensitivity and gender mainstreaming;
- Program management experience;
- A second language
About Big Bad Boo: ( http://www.bigbadboo.com )
Big Bad Boo is a children’s media company that develops educational entertainment. Our products include animated cartoons, comic books, digital games and academic curricula. Our commercial division develops cartoons that now air in over 80 countries to a global audience of over 100 million people per year on premier networks like Disney, Discovery Kids and PBS. Our International Development division creates and implements educational products for Ministries of Education and UNICEF for use in developing world countries like Pakistan, Jordan. Tunisia, Morocco, Lebanon and Iraq. All of our products -whether commercial or international development- promote diversity, inclusion, non-violence, equality and civic education.
Over the last 3 years, our international development division has expanded at a rapid pace. We now work with Ministries of Education in 15 countries where we implement education-based programs in schools. In 2016, we also began working extensively with UNICEF in Jordan and our work with this amazing organization has grown –we now provide programs for over 250,000 refugee children in 8 countries for trauma relief and psychosocial support. Most of these programs are funded by international donors like the Canadian, US, EU and UK Governments and UNICEF.
We’re currently looking for energetic, sarcastic, hardworking, extraordinary people who love to travel, love to laugh and desperately want to make the world a better place. If this sounds like you, then join us!
Your cover letter should at least address the following topics:
1) Why you are interested in the position.
2) How you believe your skills and experiences will meet the needs of the position.
3) How you learned of this position.
BBB has hired Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please send your cover letter explaining how you believe your skills and experiences meet the needs of the position and the organization and an updated copy of your résumé/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Executive Director and Search Manager
🌍 Global Recruitment Specialists “Positioning You for Success”
75 Main Street, Suite 285, Norwalk, Connecticut (CT) 06851 USA
BBB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans