Regional Director Asia
Client: ChildFund International - https://www.childfund.org/
Job Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Title: Regional Director
Div/Dept: Global Operations
Location: Regional Offices
Reporting Relationship: EVP, Program
Responsible for strategic leadership and operational oversight for all Country Office operations within assigned region, management of financial and human resources, emergency preparedness and response programs, safety and security, integration of program and sponsorship, and coordination of risk management strategies. The Regional Director is accountable for ensuring that Country Office operations are managed at the best practice and demonstrate management effectiveness and operational efficiency. S/he plays the lead role to evolve and transform current program delivery models to address internal and external drivers. As a member of the Global Operation Leadership team, contribute to organizational wide strategy, operational plans, and stakeholder relationships.
- Enable and lead the evolution/transformation of program delivery to address internal and external drivers and strengthen innovation
- Oversee and ensure the quality of integration and alignment of the Country Strategic Plans and the annual operating plans, ensuring required contributions from the regional to global priorities and targets. .
- Oversee and ensure quality of management practices in the region
- Oversee the talent management in the region focusing on effective workforce planning and retention, development of staff, performance management planning and evaluation, staff development opportunities, and productive employee relations.
- Guide and oversee the grants acquisition and management efforts in the region, ensuring effective intelligence gathering, partnerships and consortiums, regular scan of donor priorities, effective and prompt resolution of bottlenecks, management of diversification of funding sources and replacement/transition of grants in funding cycles.
- Guide and integrate relevant parts of the sponsorship cycle and integrate program and sponsorship operations
- Oversee the annual planning and budgeting process and ensure effective tracking of expenses.
- Lead the development of a strategy and plans and provide oversight to strengthen and evolve strong partnerships across the region.
- Cultivate productive networking and contacts and profile and represent ChildFund with donors, intergovernmental organizations, and regional institutions in support of strategic priorities
- Provide oversight and guidance to the overall program quality (relevance, standards, learning and innovations) in the region and attract technical and financial resources from within and outside ChildFund.
- Coordinate the identification of major enterprise risks and compliance and develop and execute regional-wide follow up actions to address them.
- Engage in and contribute to global functions (such as the quarterly and annual reviews of performance, Balanced Score Card objectives and measures and AOPs).
- Oversee the completion of the Emergency Preparedness Plans and provide strong leadership and support to emergency response in the region.
- Strengthen and ensure focus on the elements of the Country Results Framework by the Country Directors and their senior teams, demonstrating progress in the measurement indicators and overall capacity.
- Manage strong relationships and coordination with Alliance members and support the Alliance strategic plans.
- Participate in the Global Operations Leadership team and contributing to achieving its accountability and objectives
- Perform other specific duties assigned by the EVP-Program
- 10 years’ experience in international development programs in a multi-location organization
- Extensive experience living and working in the international development community; second language essential
- Demonstrated diplomacy in building relationships and working with diverse cultures and audiences and sensitive situations and subject matter
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading and managing in complex multi-cultural work environments with significant numbers of staff and stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in grants management and knowledge of donor requirements, particularly USAID, EU, UN and other bi-lateral donors
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and foster relationships internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability in fundraising and resource mobilization
- Masters Degree (Ph, D. a plus) in International Development, Business Administration, or related field.