PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world's most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
PSI's core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. PSI has programs in 67 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org.
The fertility rate in Pakistan, and its implications for the health of Pakistani women and children, poses one of the greatest public health challenges in the world today. Some estimates suggest a population of over 300 million by 2050. PSI/Pakistan and Greenstar Social Marketing (GS) operate one of the largest developing-country private sector reproductive health networks in the world, with more than 7,000 providers. GS alone accounts for over 25% of Pakistan's entire Family Planning market, yet unmet need and birth rates suggest staggering opportunities for more impact. Greenstar clinics and pharmacies deliver comprehensive, affordable, quality reproductive health products and services to millions of low-income people throughout the country. In addition to the delivery of family planning products and services, Greenstar has introduced other health initiatives in nutrition supplementation and tuberculosis treatment.
PSI seeks entrepreneurial, results-driven candidates for the position of Technical Advisor in Pakistan. The position will be based in Karachi and reports to the PSI Country Representative. The Technical Advisor for Health Services will be responsible for providing programmatic support to family planning and maternal child health programs within Greenstar.
· Advise Greenstar on all technical and operational aspects of delivering health services, including GS's long-term strategy;
· Improve the quality and productivity of the Greenstar private provider network by building Greenstar's capacity in management and implementation;
· Ensure the success of Greenstar's demand-side financing programs for family planning and safe delivery;
· Contribute to the development and implementation of evidence-based health programs, including applying the DELTA planning process to improve health service delivery;
· Enhance organizational innovation and quality through systematic integration of best practices in research, BCC, IPC and demand creation;
· Support GS staff to achieve ambitious program objectives and deliverables;
· Strengthen linkages between Greenstar and the global PSI network; and
· Contribute technical and operational expertise to Greenstar's proposal development process.
· Masters degree in relevant field or equivalent experience. MD, RN, NP, CNM, MPH or MBA preferred;
· 5+ years in management and/or clinical practice; management of public health programs or franchising programs preferred;
· Exceptional interpersonal skills;
· Excellent English language written and verbal skills;
· Proven success in management of complex operations in a developing country context;
· Experience establishing and managing a social franchise;
· Strong understanding of RH issues, especially around IUD and Post-Abortion Care;
· Experience or expertise on TB, nutrition, and/or safe water/diarrheal disease an asset;
· Preferred experience with monitoring and evaluating public health interventions.
The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; a strong interest in private sector approaches to development; and proven ability to produce results and take innovations to scale.
Applicants should send their resume/CV and cover letter detailing how you believe your skills and experiences meet the needs of the position and PSI. There is no fixed closing date this position. Please send your application at the earliest possible date to:
Jill Solomon, Senior Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals
regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.