Webmaster (External Title) Development and Marketing Officer (Internal Title)
Client: Pathfinder International: https://www.pathfinder.org
Reports to: Digital Engagement and Marketing Manager or As Assigned
Direct Reports: 0
Location: Washington DC or Watertown MA
Full time position
Pathfinder, who has for the past few years hired webmasters on an external contract basis to maintain our web presence, has grown where our online presence requires a more active and strategic engagement.
Our website, built on WordPress, has shifted to be the primary source of information for our donors, and our online fundraising efforts have dramatically grown. To be effective now, Pathfinder seeks a webmaster who will work closely with our digital marketing and development teams. As Pathfinder’s first in-house webmaster you will guide, support, and implement Pathfinder’s external website, pathfinder.org. Our increasing engagement with millennials and younger donors is particularly exciting. As a key team member, you will help Pathfinder set a new path in a more expansive, inclusive digital sphere.
Key Outcomes and Duties
- Governance of the Pathfinder website and related systems. Work with matrixed team to:Develop, maintain, and implement governance plan
- Develop, maintain, and implement relevant policies, procedures, and service level agreements.
- Operational support of the Pathfinder website and related systems. Work with matrixed team to:Keep Pathfinder’s website and related systems online, responsive, and relevant
- Keep related tools and linkages (CRM, CMS, DNS, Analytics, etc.) operational and responsive
- Ensure that Pathfinder’s content, fundraising interactions, and online CRM work across the platforms our users will employ (i.e. common web browsers, common operating systems, mobile platforms)
- Monitor and respond to issues in a timely fashion, including afterhours support of our global web presence
- Work with and manage vendor relationships
- Respond to and manage requests, issues, and problems as they arrive
- Maintain responsive design. You will be required to stay current with the web’s latest technologies and make sure the site and its products are always mobile-friendly and multi-platform ready.
- Serve as technical resource to other communities as assigned
- Provides guidance and training to new and existing staff members on internet-related applications and operations
- Strategic and operational planning for the Pathfinder website and related systems. Work with matrixed team to:Match Pathfinder’s communications, development, and advocacy needs to relevant designs, technology, workflows, and roles
- Manage website related projects large and small including: redesigns, security and functional improvements, mandated changes
- Reporting and metrics for the Pathfinder website and related systems:Ensure that Pathfinder’s website and related systems produce the relevant information and metrics to accurately and meaningfully produce key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure our impact and success
- Day-one tasks and problem solving including but not limited to as other new features may arise:Adding multiple authors on our blog
- Adding filters to the home and subsequent pages
- Adding translation functionality (French, Spanish, and Portuguese)
- Enhancing pages to showcase the impact and legacy of some of our flagship projects in a manner that raises visibility and funds
- Minimum Job-Specific Competencies
- BS or BA in information systems or related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with the setup and operation of web analytics systems (i.e. Google Analytics)
- Experience with e-commerce or not for profit transactional systems
- Understanding of payment card industry (PCI) compliance
- Experience with dynamic web publishing systems (i.e. Word Press)
- Experience with roles-based content management systems (CMS)
- Experience with donor relations and customer relations management systems
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and other relevant tools
- Experience with relevant server, networking, and security technologies including:
- Webservers (Apache, iis, etc.)
- Relational Database Servers
- DNS, redirects
- Load Balancers, HA
- SSL, Certificate Based Encryption
- Cloud Services
- Convio, Tableau, ARCGIS (desirable)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as projects require
- Ability to work extended days and/or weekends as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as highly effective interpersonal and customer service skills, required. Must be able to handle multiple and tight deadlines
Pathfinder Overview: Pathfinder International (Pathfinder) is a trusted partner for sexual and reproductive health and rights, expanding access and transforming communities. Pathfinder is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have worked to increase access to sexual and reproductive health and rights and promote healthy pregnancies. We are committed to expanding access to all methods of contraception, safe abortion, and post abortion care, while integrating services for HIV and cervical cancer within holistic sexual and reproductive health services. Taken together, our programs empower millions of women, men, and young people to choose their own paths forward.
The organization has a unique opportunity to recruit and retain skilled and passionate employees who are driven by the desire to positively impact the world, and in doing so raise Pathfinder’s visibility and funding.
To Apply: Pathfinder International has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
501 Westport Avenue, Suite 285, Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
Your cover letter should at least address the following topics:
Why you are interested in the position.
How you believe your skills and experiences will meet the needs of the needs of the position.
How you learned of this position.
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Pathfinder International does not charge candidates Recruitment or Application fees for any position, to which they may apply globally.