Client: Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) https://www.rspo.org/about
Location: Malaysia or Indonesia
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership
organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this,
we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop
and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has close to 5,000 members
from 99 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers,
retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of
these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and
expertise of its people. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us
through the next phases of our development.
Reporting to the Manager of Membership, the Executive of Membership operates as a member of the
Membership Unit and ensures it functions effectively whilst providing the necessary support to the
RSPO Secretariat on all membership-related issues.
The location of this role is Malaysia or Indonesia.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
· To ensure adherence to all documented procedures and processes, whilst being responsible
· for providing good and effective responses to all member queries.
· To work with the Membership Manager to periodically review and improve the membership
· systems and processes, ensuring that the membership unit is consistently functioning
· efficiently and effectively.
· To manage member databases to ensure timeliness, completeness, and accuracy of
· members’ information.
· To conduct the complete process of membership applications in the course of the formal
· membership approval process.
· To act as an advisor to both internal and external stakeholders on membership benefits
· and roles.
· To assist in managing and handling membership fee collection, including invoicing and
· collection of fees.
· Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
· A bachelor’s degree in Business Management, or other related fields.
· At least three years of experience in a membership-based organisation.
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
· Strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills are essential.
· Excellent writing and presentation skills, with the ability to present ideas and concepts to a
· broad set of audiences.
· Experience in managing a multi-stakeholder environment.
· Experience in customer relationship management (CRM) software.
· Demonstrated experience in project management.
· Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
· Superior communication skills, oral and written.
· High integrity and a good team player.
· Goal-oriented and organised.
· Quantitative and qualitative skills.
· Self-motivated and self-directed.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an
international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and
Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that
offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
RSPO has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Praveena Praveen, Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted
candidates will be notified.