Finance and Grants Officer, Hedayah - UAE
Finance and Grants Officer
Client: Hedayah (https://hedayah.com/ )
Department: Administration and Finance
Reports to: Finance and Grants Manager
Position Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (work permit provided by client)
To ensures that all financial, accounting and grant related activities, are accurately administered and in compliance with Hedayah’s policies, procedures, and international bilateral and international foundation donor financial and accounting standards.
· Review, analyse, and reconcile assigned Grantee financial reports to ensure that all financial transactions are correctly administered and in compliance with agreements; liaise with Grantees as required to request supporting documentation, implement corrective actions, and provide technical assistance in resolving issues.
· Verify accuracy of all grants payment requests and assure proper allocation of expenditures to funding source and expense categories.
· Gather and review all required supporting documentation prior to issuing payment.
· Work closely with the Finance and Grants Manager to ensure proper implementation of financial policies, processes, and procedures to maintain effective financial and accounting controls.
· Process and monitor all financial transactions, including accounts receivable and payable, as per the organisation’s policies and procedures, ensuring all expenses are in line with the budget.
· Prepare and maintain all financial statements of all grants and books of accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
· Work closely with the program staff to develop budgets for grants proposals, budgets forecasts for activities, budgets revisions and ensure financial and contractual compliance.
· Review the internal financial and accountancy controls of grants to ensure that the grant agreement is adhered to.
· Prepare monthly BvS (budget vs. spending) reports for all active grants by ensuring proper reconciliation of accounts as well as reflecting the status of the budget to the program team primarily.
· Prepare the quarterly reports for active grants and ensuing strict compliance with grant agreement requirements.
· Ensure that all staff timesheets are submitted accurately on monthly basis to ensure adequate reporting to the donor.
· Prepare the overall time attribution and overhead reports and ensure it is updated regularly.
· Prepare VAT (Value Added Tax) reports on a quarterly basis.
· Build the capacity of Hedayah’s sub-awardees and train grantees on financial reporting, including review of grantees’ financial reports.
· Attend monthly coordination meetings with program staff.
· Participate in and facilitate external audits to ensure compliance.
· Maintain grants financial records, ensuring updates on a regular basis for retrieval, reference, and audit purposes.
· Lead on the development of budgets and financial management of certain grants from start-up through close-out, by ensuring proper financial management, monitoring actual expenditures versus budget, planning, and reporting in alignment with Donor’s policies and procedures.
Internal: All departments
External: Vendors & Suppliers, Subcontractors, External Auditors, Financial Institutes & Banks, Grant authorities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance, Project Management (or related field) or similar internationally recognized accounting/auditing certification
· Master’s degree is preferable / is a plus
· Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience of working in finance and grant management in an international organization
· Experience in working with Donors such as US, UK, EU (or their affiliation)
· Knowledge of accounting systems, such as QuickBooks
· Prior experience of working in an international setting and/or NGOs is a plus
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
· Strong understanding of the applicability and implementation of relevant financial legislation and regulations
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Result orientation
· Building relationships
· Cultural intelligence
· Planning and organizing
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Excellent command of written and oral English
SPECIAL CONDITIONS THAT MAY APPLY
The post holder will be required to travel internationally
Hedayah has hired Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please direct or inquiries and send your cover letter, resume to:
Jill Solomon, Senior Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499