MANAGER, INTEGRITY RSPO
Client: Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) https://rspo.org/about
Location: Malaysia or Indonesia
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership
organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this,
we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop
and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2004, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has 5,000 members from 101
countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers,
banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these
members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil has already been certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a not-for-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and
expertise of its members and staff. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and
guide us through the next phase of our development.
Reporting to the Head of Integrity, the Manager of Integrity will be responsible for planning and
implementing assurance-related activities targeted to improve the credibility of the RSPO Assurance
System according to international best practices. Coordinate the functioning and operation of the
Assurance Standing Committee (ASC), monitor implementation of its activities, advocate its progress
and facilitate improvement of the organisation’s assurance work. Managing the operations of NPP,
PalmGHG submissions and related works in ensuring proper compliance of RSPO members.
The location of this role is Malaysia or Indonesia.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
· Monitor and keep track of all the Assurance Standing Committee (ASC) related matters. To be the focal communication point and establish a strong workframe in ensuring all information is ready prior, during and post ASC meetings. This includes monitoring of ASC activities, reviewing minute writings, updating websites, work plans, report writing, preparing presentations, and updating all ASC system folders accordingly.
· Take the lead in advocacy and communication of ASC deliveries to stakeholders, including updating of the ASC’s webpage.
· Managing the NPP submission by ensuring completeness of information and maintaining credibility of the application.
· Managing the submissions of PalmGHG online and assisting in ensuring correct information.
· Managing the issuance of Advisory Notes to assist RSPO members in meeting compliance and/or continuity of certification.
· Preparing assurance-related reports and stories by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information [this covers the RSPO Principles & Criteria (P&C), Supply Chain Certification (SCC), and the New Planting Procedure (NPP)].
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending conferences and seminars, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of the- art practices, and participating in professional societies.
· Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
· A university degree in Science/Environmental Management or other field relevant to compliance, integrity, or related to management.
· A minimum of five years of working experience in standards, assurance and familiarity with the RSPO environment or sustainability
· Preferably with experience in policy and a development background
TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
· Ability to design and execute the task to cater to ASC members requirements
· Familiarity with G-Suite (Docs, Spreadsheets, Drives, etc.)
· Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
· Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading and speaking.
· Excellent organisation skills and experience with project management.
· Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and work assignments from a variety of divisions.
· Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone with high professionalism.
· Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
· Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
· Ability to lead others by influence and develop strong relationships across the organisation
· Proficiency in English with good writing and communication skills.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an
international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity
is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that
offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
RSPO has contracted Global Recruitment Specialists to assist with this recruitment effort. Please email a cover letter and updated resume/CV to:
Jill Solomon, Senior Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted
candidates will be notified.