Women’s Economic Empowerment Evaluation Team Leader
USAID End-line Portfolio Performance Evaluation
Short-term Consultant - Women’s Economic Empowerment Evaluation Team Leader
USAID End-line Portfolio Performance Evaluation
Client: Integra LLC - http://www.integrallc.com/
Period of Performance: May 2022 – January 2023
Level of Effort: Approximately 40 days
Location: Remote Data Collection
Description: Integra Government Services International LLC is seeking a short-term consultant to serve as Team Leader in conducting an end line performance evaluation of USAID’s portfolio of women’s economic empowerment (WEE) activities. The purpose of the evaluation is to assess the initial 45 activities funded in 2018 and measure the extent to which these WEE activities achieved the intended goals, identify challenges and opportunities, and provide key learnings.
The end line performance evaluation focuses on assessing the technical components of the portfolio, especially activity designs, interventions, partnerships, and results. USAID will incorporate the key lessons from this evaluation into the design and implementation of current and future WEE programs and policies. A mid-term performance evaluation was conducted in 2020, which included a quantitative and qualitative analysis, a desk review of nearly 300 documents provided by USAID and implementing partners (IP), data collected from online surveys and key informant interviews with USAID/Washington, missions, IP staff, and partners. It also included case studies of four WEE activities to obtain important feedback from beneficiaries and local partners located in multiple countries.
Position Summary: The Team Leader is expected to guide measuring how gender inequalities women’s economic empowerment and economic growth. The candidate should be familiar with evidence-based approaches to improving women’s participation in the formal economy. This high-profile evaluation requires a candidate who has demonstrated technical expertise and evaluation experience for USAID and other USG agencies. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strong management, technical expertise in gender, and conducting performance evaluations. The Team Leader must have experience with USAID evaluations and knowledge of gender policies. The Team Leader will coordinate a team of four to five consultants and oversee all operational details.
- Serve as the main point of contact with USAID’s Gender Development Office (GenDev) and establish an essential relationship with USAID staff in Washington and Country Missions.
- Direct evaluation team inputs and develop the overall evaluation design and survey tools, including the work plan, identifying key workforce development issues, a compilation of key informants.
- Conduct key informant interviews and group discussions with USAID staff and IPs.
- Assign and/or lead key informant interviews and focus group discussions with women leaders, entrepreneurs, women-owned small-and-medium-sized enterprises, activists, influencers, bloggers, women-led business associations, and relevant non-government organizations.
- Draft all deliverables: evaluation work plan, survey tools and protocols, presentation of preliminary findings, final report and presentation of the final report of findings, conclusions and recommendations for presentations, and final report.
- Oversee internal management of the evaluation including managing a diverse team, coordinate with the Home Office, Director of Research, and other team members.
- Direct, guide, and coordinate the field studies carried out by the national evaluators.
- A graduate degree in the social sciences, economics, or other disciplines related to workforce development, entrepreneurship and finance, and the business enabling environment.
- Preferably ten years’ experience in the economic development, economic empowerment, and GEWE area conducting evaluations, performance monitoring, and research, in combination with program management, and the provision of technical assistance relating to the desired subjects.
- Practical technical expertise gained through longer-term field-based assignments will be valued.
- Knowledge and experience applying USAID’s guidance and tools relating to GEWE, the program cycle, evaluation, performance monitoring, and CLA.
- Proven communication skills with the ability to produce high-quality reports.
- Specialist expertise in working with Excel and databases, qualitative and quantitative software to code and analyze data, skills in Stata are desirable.
- Outstanding team player and problem-solving skills.
Integra LLC has hired GRS to assist with sourcing applicants for this position. Candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to:
Patrick Shields, Search Manager
Global Recruitment Specialists "Positioning You for Success"
Norwalk, CT 06851 USA
Telephone: +1- 203-899-0499
Integra LLC Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture